In the modern world, people look for an ideal partner they can trust and live happily ever after with. But unfortunately, life isn’t a fairytale, and it happens that people can face lots of difficulties they have to overcome. Nothing is perfect, and the same can be said about the faith of people. However, the relief that a person can get from his or her faith is something incredible and hard to describe. Although it may seem that more and more people believe in concrete things instead of visiting churches, there are many marriages based on religion and faith.
What is it like to marry someone with the same values and faith? Actually, it’s one of the main goals of devoted Catholic people believing that marriage should be forever and shared with someone of the same religion. Of course, not everyone favors such an approach to marriages; but it’s clear that the more people share similar values, the longer marriage tends to last. Indeed, in the modern world, keeping families without divorce is really challenging, and religion has become a sort of solution to that.
Catholic marriage follows strict rules, and if you plan to create a family based on religion, you can find many dating sites focusing on arranging Catholic marriages. Since the modern world requires modern solutions, you won’t have problems finding a decent site where you can meet your like-minded soulmate. Why is such marriage good enough to discuss? First, it is based on the promise to love and respect each other until the last breath. So, such marriage is considered to last longer. Secondly, religion is a navigator based on which couple knows what is allowed and prohibited. Thus, such an approach may lead to mutual trust, knowing that neither of them will go against God. Finally, love and devotion to God are considered the main pillars protecting the family values.
Catholic marriage: demystifying some facts
Catholic marriage may seem unusual and different for some people, but you should know that it’s quite unique in many senses. Of course, those not favoring religion-based marriages try to defame the concept of such a relationship, but there are many interesting things you can discover about Catholic marriage. Here are some myths that you should be aware of:
- such marriage disrespect women’s role in the family: of course, Catholic marriage is quite patriarchal in essence, but religion prohibits violence and disrespect towards a woman. Thus, although males are considered to be head of the family, no point minimizes the role of the women in a union.
- Catholic marriage is something mandatory: actually, religion favors and promotes marrying whenever you have a chance for that, but it doesn’t enforce it. Catholic marriage is based on the consent of both sides, and thus, it cannot be enforced, and actually, enforced marriage is considered unacceptable by religion.
- sex is taboo in Catholic marriage: instead, sex is something that both partners should have and discuss from time to time. Actually, sex is prohibited before marriage, but after marrying, it should be present to satisfy both partners as religions accept the importance of intimate life in maintaining the marriage.
- love isn’t important in Catholic marriage: although Catholic churches have strict rules regarding marriage, love remains one of the main catalysts for marriages. Again, if love for God is not enough to arrange the wedding, no one can enforce such marriage. Mutual consent and respect alongside love are quite critical.
- Catholic marriages are boring: for some people, life that is based on faith may seem to be boring and monotonous. However, this is totally wrong, as more and more, people advise on how marriages should be kept and maintained. Bringing colors to marriage is possible even with the strictest religion.
Catholic marriage: things to know before marrying
Catholic marriage dating sites can help you find someone ideal if you are ready to spend your life with someone devoted to God. However, before you indulge in marriage, here are things you need to know:
- Catholic marriage is based on the consent of two sides: as mentioned above, such marriages can’t be enforced since the main principle is that you should give consent to the marriage that you will have to keep and maintain all your life.
- people can marry after reaching puberty: it’s a fun fact that people can marry after puberty. However, such practice isn’t common at all. Still, many centuries ago, such practice was seen and observed.
- marriage can be separated by death only: in the Catholic religion, marriages are expected to last forever until the last breath. So, divorce is seen as something like taboo entailing many problems and details to keep up with.
Sacramental marriage: what is required?
To have sacramental or Catholic marriage, you should follow some basic yet important rules. It’s worth noting that if you plan to marry someone sharing the same religion, you should strictly stick to the rules of the Bible. Here are some requirements you are supposed to follow:
- baptizing requirement: if you want your marriage to be accepted by the church and considered to be sacramental, you need to be baptized like your partner. The religion doesn’t accept marriages outside the religion. Thus, if either of you isn’t baptized, you can do it easily before the wedding.
- free will: before entering into sacramental marriage, it should be ensured that both sides accept the marriage. Free will is a must because no one can be enforced to marry. Despite some myths regarding religious weddings, everything is to be based on the free will of both sides.
- no impediment: either of sides should not have restrictions to marry, either by law or something natural. In other words, a married couple should do everything according to religion and with the acceptance of the church.
Marriage in Catholic church: things to consider
Before Catholic marriage prep, there are some things you should know about the sacrament of marriage. In every religion, marriage is one of the main components, and the religious pillars symbolize more than unity and dignity. Here are some questions you should be aware of:
- Why is it important to have sacrament marriage: don’t forget that marriage isn’t only a condition when people can love each other physically without any limits. Marriage is regarded as representative of the community.
- Is mixed marriage sacramental: actually, the Catholic church doesn’t support marriages with someone of a different religion. However, such things can happen given the modern conditions and circumstances, but such marriages won’t be considered to be sacramental.
- What is valid Catholic marriage: when all conditions and requirements of Catholic marriage are met, it’s considered to be valid. For example, if there’s no mutual consent between partners, it means that this marriage would be regarded as invalid by the Catholic church.
- Does church help to improve or save a marriage: definitely, there are some programs that offer their help to couples dealing with problems. There are some people responsible for such programs arranging meetings and consultations.
- What if there are some serious problems in the marriage: in the Catholic church, marriage should be saved by any means. Thus, there are so many programs you can apply in case you are through such problems.
- What about annulment in Catholic marriage: since divorce is not supported and welcomed in the Catholic church, it’s only with annulment that marriage can be stopped. This is possible with the consent and acceptance of the church.
- What do you need to know about annulment: first of all, it can entail some expenses ranging from $200. The time required for the process to be complete may take more than a year. What’s more, annulled marriage doesn’t make children illegitimate by the church.
Catholic marriage encounters: where to meet your future spouse?
There are many dating platforms offering Catholic dating opportunities. Of course, you should understand such dating presumes serious intentions rather than something informal or casual. Since a relationship before marriage has too many restrictions, it’s important to ensure that the purpose of being online is based on serious intentions. So, before you become indulged in such dating, be sure that you are mentally ready for such a venture.
What’s more, on such a dating platform, you’re given a chance to find someone according to your preference and have a chat with. After communication, both you can decide whether you are ready to continue with more serious steps.
Catholic marriage is a chance to have a sacramental marriage, but this is possible only if both of you agree on marrying. Despite some negative speculations, such marriage can be more passionate and interesting provided that you respect and love each other.